Pray For God’s Multicolored Wisdom To Be Made Known
by Remco Brommet
The last few days I have been thinking a lot about the importance of the True Identity message for our day. I keep hearing the words “For such a time as this.”
Over the past few months we have been caught up in a whirlwind of confusion, misinformation and outright deception like never before. It seems that, while God was working on us during the pandemic, Satan was working on galvanizing his forces to sow fear, hate, division and anarchy. God’s aim? To strengthen our true identity of who we are in Christ, and Who Christ is in us. Satan’s aim? To attack the true identity of our nation and everyone in it by tearing open the wounds and divisions that have existed beneath the surface since the US was formed.
Were we ever “one nation under God?” Will we ever be? Will there be liberty and justice for all? Or are the United States going to become the Divided States – headed for an eventual breakup into individual progressive and conservative countries?
Only God knows and He’s not telling. Just yet.
So what are we to do?
We are to pray in remembrance that the dividing walls of hostility can only be destroyed by Christ – in that all have sinned, Christ died for all, all are forgiven and redeemed by faith in His atonement, and all are filled and gifted by the same Holy Spirit, and made citizens of heaven. It doesn’t matter what we look like on the outside, where we’ve been, what we’ve done, or how much or little we own. Those are the external things Satan uses to divide us. God unites us by transforming our hearts and bringing us into One Body, with One Spirit, under One Father, through one faith and one baptism (Ephesians 4:4,5).
And that is our only hope, and should be our only message to the world. Our love-filled, heart-transforming, reconciling, unifying true identity on display in word and in deed.
I think that is what is meant in Ephesians 3: 9,10: “…and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, so that through the church the manifold (literal meaning: multi-colored) wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.”
In other words: our true identity, the fact that people from every color, language, tribe and nation share the same salvation and citizenship in heaven, is God’s glorious “in your face” display of unity to Satan and his forces who use a false identity from outward things to divide us.
That’s why we must pray that the true identity message spreads and becomes a mighty movement, here in the US, and abroad. A “true identity revival!”
Will you pray with us this week, standing on the Philadelphian Promise God gave us in early May that, though we are small, He has given us an open door that no one can shut? Pray each day this week that True Identity will grow into:
- A movement that strengthens believers in their sense of who they are in Christ in the midst of so much chaos and confusion coming at us through the media.
- A prophetic message to unbelievers here in the US and around the world that God invites us into a relationship with Him to give you your true identity and set you free from your mistaken one, and that that is the only way and the only hope.
- An instrument of reconciliation, love and unification across the divides that are tearing our nation apart.
- An answer to the thirst of the hopeless who are seeing the lies but do not know where the Truth is.
- A beacon of light into the highest levels of our nation’s leadership in the journey toward being one nation under God with liberty and justice for all – in the realization that without a massive spiritual revival this is not possible.
Let us stand on the promise of Ephesians 3:11-12 together: “This was according to the eternal purpose that He has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in Him.”