Wage War in Divine Power!
by Remco Brommet
The US has barely begun the process of reopening the country when one act of fatal police brutality against an unarmed black man caught on camera set the nation ablaze with protests, riots, looting and arson in a matter of hours. To my dismay, the flashpoint was in Minneapolis, where I once led a movement of prayer unifying tens of thousands from hundreds of churches in united prayer and Marches for Jesus for spiritual revival. The movement has fallen apart over the past decade, and given way to disunity among the churches and the flourishing of liberal politics and ideology in society. Until today. Churches are rising up once more to take to the streets and pray.
Not being able to be among them in person, I have prayed intensely that the riotous expression of anger over racial oppression, fanned into flames of anarchy by paid protestors and anarchists, would awaken a desperate hunger for God in the hearts of His people. A hunger that would transcend our theological quarrels, our denominational, socioeconomic, and racial divides, our differences in ministry vision, worship culture and size, and galvanize His people to cry out with one voice to the Lord for an outpouring of His Spirit in our hearts with self-abandoning, self-sacrificial, unconditional, unifying love.
We pledge allegiance to a Republic that is supposed to be one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. We have never been further from that.
My friends, I urge you to see beyond the riots of flesh and blood and recognize the spiritual battle behind it for the soul of our nation. One nation, under God. The indivisibility, liberty and justice for all flows from being that one nation surrendered to God. And we must be one nation under God because with all the wealth of resources we have a key role to play in the world, especially in taking the gospel to the ends of the earth. At least until that mission is fulfilled we can never allow the US to fall into the hands of anti-christian ideologies and systems.
So I urge you to pray every day this week like never before. Here are some scriptural points, and some spiritual insights from a webinar hosted by Lance Wellnau to guide you:
Let me start with the webinar:
- Don’t allow the world’s news to black out heaven’s news – ask for and keep God’s perspective.
- The stakes have never been this high. This is the most embattled election in history because it will determine America’s place in the world economic and political sphere versus that of the anti-christian nations of China and Russia.
- No movement will resolve racial prejudice that does not have authority over the devil. The church is the only movement that can through the spiritual weapons that God has given us.And now for the scriptural points:
- Remember the power of prayer that is beyond compare: “For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.” 2 Corinthians 10:3,4.
Likewise, “we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm…..praying at all times in the Spirit with all prayer and supplication.” Ephesians 6:12,13, 18. “O God, keep us safe and make this go away” isn’t going to cut it.
Satan fears your prayers, because they move the mighty hand of God. He has decreed for things to work that way in the spiritual realm. It is therefore only way to defeat racism and every other divide that is destroying our nation’s soul. We simply cannot afford to stick our heads in the sand and go back to business as usual. The access to the throne of grace is free and 24/7. The power of prayer is greater than any other power. The responsibility to use it, however, is entirely ours.
So take time out to pray urgently every day this week. Here are some pointers:
- Draw an imaginary circle around yourself and ask the Lord what must happen within that circle to effect lasting change for the good of His kingdom.
- Ask Him to forgive you, and all His people for prayerlessness, lovelessness and disunity from the blatant to the subtle.
- Call upon the Lord to move mightily, first in His people, then overflowing to the nation, with His unifying, healing, unconditional, forgiving, reconciling love.
- Call upon His holy arm to thwart the plans of Satan through the anarchistic, socialistic, supremacist and hateful ideologies that have flourished while the church was asleep.
Listen to the Holy Spirit in recognition that these things are so much bigger than we are and we need His insight to pray. He desires your prayers, He will speak. They will land on the altar of heaven before the Throne of God and return to earth in the form of mighty deeds (Rev. 8:3-5).
Please share this with as many people as you can, so we can fan into flame a mighty movement of prayer. The time for God’s people to rise up and wield their God-given spiritual power is now!
Audio of 6-4-2020 TI Prayer Call Devotional by Remco Brommet